Procurement Category Manager Capex
Procurement Category Manager CAPEX
Job Category: Procurement
Work Location: Corbion Site
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 1007
Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
We are the global market leader in the development and production of lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients.
Due to constantly increasing demand for our products from different industries, Corbion is experiencing growth and continuously investing in further expansion of production capacity.
As the Procurement Category Manager CAPEX you are part of the global procurement team. You take responsibility for sourcing CAPEX categories for our global sites in The Netherlands, Spain, Thailand, the United States and Brazil and future locations to come. You explore, develop, and execute CAPEX projects, engage with suppliers and contractors and internal cross-functional teams. You are accountable for costs savings, documentation and long-term savings project generation and delivering against individual, department and company annual targets. You are highly visible within the organization as you proactively update management on issues and opportunities within their scope of responsibility.
You report to the Sr Director Procurement.
- Follow market developments and dynamics of CAPEX and Technical Goods and Services, capitalize on price volatility and reduce risks to optimize business performance.
- Develop and execute (cross functional) procurement strategies and projects for CAPEX categories.
- Manage procurement activities for CAPEX projects globally for all Corbion sites on time and within budget;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders(Operations, Engineering teams, site directors, Finance, Project Directors, legal etc.) in order to be early involved in CAPEX projects.
- Maintain contracts and commitments in a timely manner to understand financial exposure.
- Identify, document and implement cost savings opportunities within the total supply chain of the CAPEX category.
- Develop, recommend and submit annual budget numbers for CAPEX and/or technical goods and services.
- Represent Procurement and participate in global cross-functional projects.
- Drive for efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to champion change throughout the organization.
We are looking for an experienced CAPEX Procurement professional who meets the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Economics, Engineering, Business or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in procurement/Engineering function within chemical and/or food industry.
- Good grasp of dynamics of Project CAPEX and Technical Goods and Services;
- Good understanding of project Management, Legal and experience with sourcing technical goods.
- Understands the relationship between price movement and specific risk to the business
- Ability to understand/communicate/present and execute complex CAPEX procurement strategies/Projects
- Demonstrates ability to work within a cross functional matrix environment where responsibilities are layered throughout the organization.
- Ability to successfully participate in multiple projects across the globe simultaneously.
- Knowledge of contract management and resolution procedures
- Ability to work with different cultures and be able to travel heavily across the world (up to 50%, periods of up to 3 weeks in a row)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. What makes Corbion special is the way we consciously create that connection between the product of our work and our individual lives and use it to shape our choices and our priorities as a company. We have a great company made up of talented, dedicated people - people who share a purpose and a vision. When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there's no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of biobased products
- We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline, that will give you the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Lastly, we offer a friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment