You are responsible for developing customer and defense OEM relationships to grow business in the EMEA region for Wheeled and Tracked Platforms. In this role you will develop and execute annual sales plans designed to achieve business objectives. You will also play a key role in providing real time market trends, voice of the customer, and relevant business development input to facilitate key business decision making by senior leadership. Aligning with and work closely with distributors to support growth across all business segments. Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Development and execution of sales plans and activities designed to increase demand within the EMEA region;
- Identification and pursuit of incremental sales volume in targeted markets;
- Become value added resource for customers, defense OEM's and their dealers and distributors through training, support, vehicle specification and develop long term relationship;
- Actively develop and deploy Customer Engagement Plan for defense including Key Distributor Managed Defense OEM's, Ministry of Defense key personnel and relevant departments but also Industry leaders and influencers;
- Define market opportunity, develop Go To Market Strategy and secure internal approvals for price and policy;
- Work closely with the Global Defense team and EMEA Sales Team, Director Market Development and Area Directors to support project development, track tenders schedules/requirements and ensure the value proposition is recognized in tender specifications;
- Maintain relevant professional and technical knowledge by participating in defense related workshops and training;
- Completion of vehicle application analysis to ensure proper product utilization and optimization.
- Provide a high level of customer support thereby influencing customer enthusiasm for the products.
- Development of relationships and growth opportunities with channel partners;
- Represent the company at industry trade shows and exhibits, and industry associations and meetings;
- Report directly to the Director Defense OEM accounts based in Sweden.
Job requirements and education
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or a similar technical discipline, Military experience is a plus;
- Proven track record of Solution Selling sales for defense OEM's;
- Demonstrated knowledge of government and defense procurement practices and requirements for technical products;
- Exceptional communication skills in English (verbal & written) is required, Dutch is a nice to have;
- Ability to demonstrate functional and technical excellence and work collaboratively across all functions to achieve sales objectives and goals;
- Willingness to travel 50%+ (including overnights) for company business;
- Driver’s license B.
You have the ability to build valued business relationships,are highly self-motivated and demonstrated a high level of interpersonal skills. Organized, detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to handle both technical and commercial discussions.
Our client is the world's largest manufacturer of commercial-duty automatic transmissions and a leader in electric hybrid propulsion systems. More then 1400 distributors in over 100 countries.
Conditions of employment
This company offers you an excellent benefits package.