Job TitleProgram Manager - Business Transformation
Philips is driving a worldwide transformation program - Accelerate!
Set out to unlock the company's full potential, turning us into a more agile, ambitious and customer-focused company. Ultimately it's all about achieving excellence in execution, where all parts of the value chain effectively work together to drive success in our markets. To achieve this goal we are standardizing our operations to make optimal use of standard methodologies and to become a true plug and play organization. Market to Order business transformation portfolio is focused on strengthening our commercial capabilities in the markets and business groups of Philips.
I n this role, you have the opportunity to
We are redesigning our organization, improving our processes & systems and last, but definitely not least; building a winning team by living our behaviors and building capabilities for the future.
The Market to Order business transformation portfolio is focused on strengthening our marketing and commercial capabilities in the markets and business groups of Philips. The portfolio currently consists of large business transformation programs and capability ownership within a > 20M Eur. Portfolio of commercial transformation programs and initiatives sought at improving and professionalizing the marketing and sales organization within the company
You are responsible for
Are you the experienced Program Management Manager that Philips is looking for and are you ready for your next step in supporting our company's transformation?
Leading the Program Management Office for our Marketing Transformation Management program will mean:
- Working closely with the overall Marketing Transformation Leader, Workstream and Deployment Managers across the business and markets to ensure the multi-million program delivers its objectives, on time, to the scope and within budget
- You will lead and ensure the coordination across its various workstreams in line with an integrated plan
- Drive the overall program and project planning, changes, risks, issues, budget and deliverables Having the ability to install and analyze the indicators of PM processes (scope, planning, cost, benefits, resources risks etc) in any of the sub-projects including the change control process
- Ensure effective and efficient program team engagement model by setting up and maintaining a clear governance structure
- Run the program operating rhythm - implementing the drumbeat schedule across the program governance from Executive sponsors to the workstream/project reviews.
- Coach and guide Program PMO analyst; implementing and optimizing standard methodologies to drive efficiencies and openness
You'll be working in a matrix environment, with a global team. This will mean :
- Identify, combine, unify and coordinate various processes/activities across the program and run the interdependencies - to form the whole.
- Identify areas that are not connected- and where appropriate, connect them
- Demonstrated a strong competence in partner and communication management. The program works and liaises with several of our leadership teams, you'll need to be concise, factual and present the seemingly complex in a simple way.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree
- Project Management accreditations (PMP, PRINCE2, IPMA)
- Experience 7-10 years on large business transformation projects (run a complex business change/program environment, geographically spread global programs.))
- Financial Acuity - management accounting skills highly desirable but not essential
- Strong presentation and partner management skills (working with / presenting to Executives)
- Solid working knowledge of Philips, the HealthTech strategy and our Philips Business System
- Experience in project management approaches, techniques and tools (e.g. PMP, Agile, MS Project) with the ability to work with program tracking tools, and ensure their correct use by the rest of the program team
- Operating in a matrix environment, mobilizing teams to a focused outcome
- Knowledge and experience in Lean methodologies. Black Belt, DMAIC, DFSS, LEAN knowledge and experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in Marketing is a plus
- Fluent in English, other languages are an advantage.
Behaviors and Competencies
- Proven track record of delivering on time, to budget, and delivering the outcomes desired;
- Ability to mitigate risk, and lead adversity to keep a project on track / ensure positive outcomes;
- Team leader and player who can collaborate with and support the program team;
- Lead Change;
- Running and delivering balanced change - experience in implementing new processes and scaling up to achieve lasting results;
- Excellent social, communication and leadership skills;
- Strong communicator who is able to work with a large and diverse range of partners across all levels of the organization.
- Drive Operational Excellence
- Able to show an understanding and demonstrate the application of lean methodologies and daily management to help support the execution of programs and lead their performance.
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, creative environment with phenomenal opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to build a healthier society through relevant work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering creative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in important ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.))
Email this job to a friend
Do you know someone who can be interested in this job opportunity? Email this link to your friend!
Name Name should not empty
Email Address Email should not empty Please enter email
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
You'll receive updates once a week
Enter Email address Email should not be empty Please enter a valid email address
* I would like to receive Philips job alerts. What does this mean?
Thank you!For U.S. applicants only: As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.