Sr. MI&A Manager - Competitor & Secondary Research
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Full time 331319
Job TitleSr. MI&A Manager - Competitor & Secondary Research
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Ensure that Philips marketing has all the MI&A knowledge at their fingertips. MI&A teams and stakeholders should know what Philips knows, re-use what Philips knows and know what Philips does not know. You will manage all facets of Knowledge Management (KM) flow for Marketing Insights and Analytics, enabling free access to trends, themes, knowledge that cross organizational boundaries. You oversee the user experience prioritization and optimization, database connections whilst managing daily the development of search and filtering refinement, connected content, search improvements and KM usage analytics.
You are responsible for
Competitive Intelligence Management
- Orchestrates competitive intelligence activities within MI&A and associated teams and stakeholders, driving clarity of inputs per role and handover points between teams
- Consolidates and synthesizes competitive intelligence that enables insights and early detection of important trends and clear conclusions to be made
- Prioritizes and leads the set up, preparation and facilitation for war gaming workshops across the business as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MI&A, MA&F, Strategy)
- Co-ordinates the collection of competitor data sources from within MI&A and associated teams (MA&F, Strategy, HR, IP&S) and ensures clear dissemination of information to key stakeholder groups
- Prioritizes and develops scenario models as an input and output from war game sessions
Competitive Intelligence Capability building
- Coaches and trains MI&A teams on the successful set up and execution of war games to enable stronger capability development in the field of competitive intelligence
- Develops methodologies for faster and more insightful means of gaining competitor intelligence
- Shapes clear processes with stakeholders to continuously improve the delivery of competitor intelligence
- Supports the roll out and use of digital tools (e.g. Owlin, Sprinklr) to facilitate always on collection of competitor intelligence information
- Identifies knowledge gaps and proposes quality secondary research services to fill gaps
- Manages daily relationship with secondary research suppliers in close co-operation with Analyst Relations
- Manages set up of analyst calls for deep dive purposes and ensures fast follow up
- Synthesizes secondary research reports to inform Key Insight Topics together with Business Partners and members of the MI&A team
You are part of
A newly formed team within Marketing playing an essential role in driving sustainable growth and a company-wide transformation into a health tech solutions provider. You will be part of a highly agile, insight-led, data-driven, digitally savvy and networked 'Customer First' community of professionals, with clearly defined roles and responsibilities as mention above to maximize impact. You will be collaborating closely with the Knowledge Management program team, EIM, Procurement, MA&F, Strategy and Marketing leaders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BSc/MSc degree in marketing, business or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-10 years of working experience in a customer/consumer focused, matrixed, multinational environment. Preferably in consumer goods/healthcare, online services, e-commerce or mobile applications
- Applies latest methods and approaches in the field of knowledge management
- High level of expertise in technical knowledge on emerging and innovative insights and analytics techniques, tools and platforms
- Understands qualitative, quantitative and agile research methods and how to structure and deliver insights at the fingertips of the marketing community
- Cross-Functional Connector, build bridges across the organization to deeply understand the business situation and competitive moves and scenarios
- High level of analytical skills critical and attention to detail
- Able to lead the technical implementation of KM and oversee the planning, purchase and management of secondary research resources
- Able to synthesize across multiple sources into a clear and concise story and determine what's important and distill it into actionable insights
- Straightforward communicator. Can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately
In return, we offer you
We believe: We're strong only when you are. We understand that work is only one part of your life. It's why we offer a variety of innovative benefits and health programs to help you strong mentally and physically as you perform at work, and also manage life's unexpected moments.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum Opens a New Window. . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page Opens a New Window. on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog Opens a New Window. . Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process Opens a New Window. , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions Opens a New Window. .
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs Opens a New Window. . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to Opens a New Window. .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.))
Email this job to a friend
Do you know someone who can be interested in this job opportunity? Email this link to your friend!
Name Name should not empty
Email Address Email should not empty Please enter email
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
You'll receive updates once a week
Enter Email address Email should not be empty Please enter a valid email address
* I would like to receive Philips job alerts. What does this mean?
Thank you!For U.S. applicants only: As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance. See EEO is the law poster Opens a New Window.