Would you like to join one of the world’s leaders in Additives and Animal Nutrition? Are you looking forward to a multi-disciplinary role with variation from very practical issues to more abstract and complex problems? Then Nutreco has a very interesting role for you!
Nutreco Global Procurement is responsible for the global procurement strategies and leads in defined categories (direct and indirect spend categories) by central contracting and coordination for all Nutreco Business Units and operating companies (OpCo’s).
As a Global Senior Planner you support the Category Manager and the OpCo’s by optimizing and sourcing of centrally managed raw materials. You provide valuable support by collecting OpCo forecasts, providing Category managers guidance on volumes to be contracted. Besides that, you make optimal contract allocations for OPCOs on the basis of the negotiated contract conditions, monitoring OPCO and Supplier contracts and initiate improvement projects (e.g. improve forecast / data quality, improve reporting, improve TCO, contract process improvements.
You work close together with our buyers. They give you an update about the market and you will present how much they need to buy, by country, to be covered till end of a period. Your focus is to ensure timely availability of contracts and optimize contract utilization. You initiate and contribute to projects for process improvement. Operational excellence flows through your veins. You show a mind-set for continuous improvement (long term relationships).
What are your key accountabilities?
- Define actions based on forecasts and sourcing plans (long / short term) to deliver added value for Category Managers and Nutreco Procurement;
- Prepare quarterly and monthly planning (allocation of volumes and costs) and contracting based on OPCO forecasts (i.e. Raw Materials forecast) for multiple Categories;
- Support with Tender process based on volume, pricing and availability. For example: stock positions and coverage. And the impact on Purchase performance.
- (Re-)allocate volumes to suppliers and internal / external customers;
- Ensure a good service interface with internal / external customers, including problem solving, in order to maximize customer satisfaction and value for Nutreco Procurement
- Define, develop, implement and monitor KPIs to help improve Nutreco Procurement, OPCO, customer and supplier performance;
- Initiate and develop improvement tools, Operational excellence (IT) to manage planning tasks.
What we offer
Working for Trouw Nutrition means working in an international working environment in which we challenge you to get the best out of yourself.
We can offer you:
- Challenging work on complex and diverse topics;
- The opportunity to grow professionally;
- An informal multi-cultural working environment with great colleagues;
- Opportunity to develop an international career;
- No-nonsense, pragmatic, flat organization, with direct reporting lines;
- Belonging to the SHV Family with more than 60.000 employees.
What else is in it for you?
- We offer you a fulltime position, 40 hours per week in Amersfoort;
- Your position will be classified in a Hay scale;
- 30 vacation days, with the possibility to sell or purchase a limited amount of days;
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience -paid in 12 monthly payments- plus Holiday allowance.
What we ask
Your capabilities should include being an excellent business partner. You are a natural team-player that collaborates with colleagues in the global Headquarter and with international Operational Companies. Besides that, you are a strategic ‘doer’ who can make things happen. You undertake actions to improve yourself and the process. Besides that, you develop tools to manage contracts in a pro-active way. You are sufficiently motivated to work on your own initiative without needing direction. Your approach is client and result oriented and you have excellent social and communication skills.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar;
- 5+ years of working experience in an international planning role in an international industry;
- Excellent understanding of financial impact of planning and sourcing (and on pricing);
- Ability to act on various levels (internal / external customers, senior management, category managers, order administrators, suppliers) with positive impact;
- Outstanding knowledge of and broad experience with ERP and related systems (e.g. M3, Business Objects, Power BI);
- Good understanding of and practical experience with change & project management;
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking) is mandatory, and other languages are welcomed.
Extra information / Apply direct
Are you the candidate we are looking for? We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply online’’ and we will contact you as soon as possible. For more information regarding this vacancy you can contact Jeffrey Duyzer (Corporate Recruiter). In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us!
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.