Talespin is looking for an exceptional, highly motivated HR Manager to join our team. The HR Manager is a central role that is both tactical and strategic with impact across the entire organization. Based out of our Utrecht office, this position offers the benefits of a Dutch creative/tech work environment, infused by the vision and mission of a fast-growing Silicon Beach startup.
The ideal candidate brings a high level of enthusiasm and is comfortable in a startup environment. In this role you will work closely with the Head of People Operations and executive leadership gaining exposure to a wide range of business operations and learning opportunities. If you're interested in pursuing a path in International HR, and the intersection of technology and human experience resonates- we'd love to hear from you!
In this Role you will:
- Develop and administer people process and procedures for an international, distributed employee workforce.
- Contribute to the development of department goals, objectives and OKRs, support managers with training and coaching as needed.
- Conduct annual job evaluation and compensation analysis; write and update job descriptions as necessary to align with organizational structure and job evolution.
- Administer, monitor performance evaluation cycles and appraisal processes.
- Develop, recommend and implement policies and procedures; preparing and updating the employee handbook annually.
- Contribute to full-cycle talent acquisition and global hiring strategy in partnership with Director of People Ops to rapidly scale personnel in a distributed, global environment.
- Oversee the tactical efficiency and continual improvement of in-house talent acquisition processes working with Hiring Managers and Interview teams to screen and interview candidates; conduct reference checks, extend job offers.
- Administer Employee Lifecycle process and procedure from on-boarding of new hires; monitoring career-path programs and employee development initiatives, to off-boarding: Provide employee relations counseling and conduct exit interviews.
- Establish and maintain all department records and reports. Maintain all organizational folders and employee directory.
- Evaluate reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures for continual improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience supporting or leading full cycle recruiting.
- Strong background in employee relations (international HR experience a plus).
- 5 years experience in an HR generalist or senior office management role.
- Basic bookkeeping, financial reporting and contract administration.
- Outstanding organization and time management skills.
- Data intelligence and and HR data-informed: you know how, when and why to effectively design an employee survey.
- Proficiency in HR Information Systems (HRIS), Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Knowledge Managment Systems (KMS).
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Hands-on experience and Proficiency in an ATS (Lever, Greenhouse).
- Experience with Humanwave, Confluence/Jira a plus.
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus.