Amsterdam, Heerlen | University | Vermogensbeheer | Full time
SDI Asset Owner Platform, 40 h.p.w.
We are looking for a Research Director for the SDI Asset Owner Platform. The position is based in Utrecht.
The SDI Asset Owner platform is a highly innovative environment in which the successful applicant will have a pivotal role. As the first employee of the initiative, the Research Director will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the research agenda in conjunction with the partners of the platform. The research agenda drives the further development and strategic direction for the SDI Asset Owner Platform in the future. Therefore, the role is crucial to the success of the platform.
Furthermore, the Research Director will be the liaison between leading asset owners in the area of responsible investing and the data science company to which the identification and calculation of Sustainable Development Investments (SDIs) has been commissioned. The Research Director will supervise the translation of the research recommendations and the way in which they are operationalized. This requires an interest and understanding of the subject matter of responsible investment in general and the UN Sustainable Development Goals in particular. Additionally, affinity with data science is an important attribute in this capacity.
The Research Director reports to the Design Authority of the SDI Asset Owner Platform, which consists of senior managers of the platforms owners.
The SDI Asset Owner Platform
The SDI Asset Owner Platform was newly founded in 2020 to maintain and further develop a framework for Investors, Investment Managers and other parties around the globe to measure, engage and report on their progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals. It is meant to accelerate market adoption of Sustainable Development investments and the measurement of related outcomes. The SDI Asset Owner Platform was founded by Dutch pension managers APG and PGGM on the basis on the taxonomy developed by the two groups, which is now used by institutional investors around the globe. The ambition of the founders is to grow the platform into a globally applied standard in the field of sustainable development investment and outcomes measurement.
You have the following skills to be considered for this position:
- Academic degree e.g. in business, finance or a sustainability-related degree
- Demonstrable affinity with the investment sector as well as responsible investment
- Strong traditional and modern research skills and the ability to coordinate, oversee and set a top
- notch research agenda
- Experience in running research processes involving stakeholders Relevant experience that contributes to and underlines you possess the skills for the position
- Strong language skills in English and ideally in at least one other language
- Experience working with Microsoft Office package
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and under time pressure
- Flexibility and a pro-active and independent work attitude
- Team player who enjoys to work with a variety of people
- Ten years or more working experience in a research and business environment
The SDI Asset Owner Platform is driven by institutional investors working in a diverse, ambitious and inspiring market. We offer an environment for professional and personal growth in which you can - and are expected to - build your professional skill set. We expect the platform to grow, which offers the opportunities to grow with the organization. As an organization we value cooperation, knowledge sharing and independence. The position we offer has a strong societal relevance and offers more than just the salary, which is competitive.
Who are we?
Please contact the D esign Authority of the SDI Owner Platform, Terhi Halme,