Rotterdam , Zuid-Holland , NetherlandsJob type Full-Time Contract Regular/Permanent
Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Turbocharging is a technology and market leader in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines.
With 100+ ABB-owned Service Stations worldwide and 200,000+ ABB turbochargers in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles, ABB Turbocharging is committed to:
- Building the best turbochargers in the business.
- Assisting customers to maintain those turbochargers in peak condition and at optimum performance throughout their entire lifecycle.
Next to turbochargers ABB offers Digital solutions for lifecycle optimization provides engine performance diagnostics and advisory software that accurately evaluates engine performance, quantifies deviations and potential fuel savings. This product is called ABB Ability™ Tekomar XPERT (more information available on: https://new.abb.com/turbocharging/turbocharging/tekomar-xpert )
In our Rotterdam- Waalhaven office we currently have an career opportunity for:
Regional Technical Sales Manager
You like to be challenged in bringing engine optimization and reliability solutions to the market and especially in the world of ship engines. In this role you will be the commercial and technical specialist, helping fleet manager, technical directors and chief engineers managing the performance of their ship / fleet. You speak the language of these customers, because you have been actively selling technical solutions in the marine industry.
- Follow up on leads generated by yourself and Turbocharging's sales organization.
- Technical and commercial presentation of engine reliability solutions for new and existing products.
- Be the commercial and technical contact in your assigned territory.
- Be the point of contact for customers, develop a structured customer visiting plan and build good relationships with decision makers of our customers.
- Acquire and develop new business opportunities, report business trends observed in the industry. Assist in developing a Strategic Sales Plan.
- Collaborate with internal sources and specialists to resolve any customer issues.
- Understand the full range of services ABB Turbocharging provides for engine performance analytics solutions portfolio.
- Understand commercial and technical terms of offerings/deliveries.
- With an exceptional service mind, you accomplish a high level of quality, enhance value for our customers and represent ABB in the forward-looking digital solutions
- Be prepared to travel about 50-70% of your working time.
- Successfully completed a Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical-, or Marine Engineering or similar study.
- Several years of successful working experience in a sales position in the maritime industry.
- Interest and/or affinity with big data and automation solutions in the ship engine industry.
- Access to decision makers in key companies in the respective field or ability to build up such relation ships
- Strong interest in a primarily travel based position and excellent communication skills in English combined with an accurate, well organized way of working
More about us
We offer a varied job in an international group which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience.
Register your CV and apply online via www.abb.com by clicking on Careers.
For questions regarding the open position please contact our recruiter Michael Koops on , or George Hintzenweg 81, 3068 AX Rotterdam.
Reference Number NL73488879_E1 Publication date 2020-02-14