Production Manager Seed Potatoes
Applying for "Production Manager Seed Potatoes - Netherlands/Belgium"
Production Manager Seed Potatoes - Netherlands/BelgiumYour contribution
The Production Manager will be responsible for all disciplines related to seed potato cultivation and quality. You will manage a number of teams that are jointly responsible for these tasks. This includes among other things, colleagues in teams such as Field Manager, Agronomy and Planning (production, acreage and starting material).
Specifically, you will have the following main tasks:
- Creating the conditions that provide for good relationships and cooperation with our seed and ware growers. That is the foundation. Together with approximately 500 growers in the Netherlands and Belgium, you will continue to build on the confidence that we stand strong together and that everyone's interests are carefully weighed within the whole.
- You will be the first point of contact for the College van Telers. With a view to the future, you jointly develop policy agreements (and monitor existing agreements) for the seed potato pool production. For the growers in the Netherlands and Belgium you will be the face when it comes to setting out a vision and policy in the field of seed potato cultivation. You therefore will give substance to the annual grower meetings and initiate various contact and information moments with our growers. You will also be actively involved in organizations such as the NAK, the NAO, The Potato Valley and other organizations and partnerships in the Netherlands and Belgium.
- You will be responsible for the implementation of the production planning and the acreage planning. Important input for this comes from the annual and multi-annual sales forecasts. You therefore will ensure that you and your team (such as your colleagues working in field management) keep in touch with the (sales) market and customer wishes.
- Together with your team you will also ensure the availability of the starting material (both qualitative and quantitative) in coordination with the (multi-annual) production planning.
- As a leader you will initiate projects and partnerships that aim to further optimize high-quality seed potato cultivation in the Netherlands and Belgium.
- You will be involved in charting the strategic course of Dutch and Belgian production, and you will implement that strategy.
- Within the organization you will maintain contact with various (international) colleagues within various teams. Specifically, you are part of the European production consultation and you work closely with Production Managers at other production locations and the Head of Production Europe. You are also part of the MT of HZPC Holland / Belgium.
There is much more to tell in detail about this job. We would be happy to discuss this with you if you feel attracted to the position above and recognize yourself in the profile below.
You are an experienced manager who knows how to get the best out of colleagues. You manage the different teams in a coaching manner and you understand what people need to be successful. All in all, your department consists of about 70 people.
In addition, you have / are:
- Broad experience in managing cultivation & production processes. It is strongly preferred that you have gained this experience within the world of seed potatoes.
- Strategic insight that you can translate into concrete implementation.
- A builder; both in relationships and in structural improvements and innovations.
- An entrepreneur who understands the entrepreneurial spirit of our growers for this very reason.
- Excellent contact skills. You are fluent in Dutch and English, French is a plus.
- HBO or WO working and thinking level with relevant education.
At HZPC, we attach great importance to ownership and continuous growth. Both as an organization and individually. You will also have the opportunity to continue to develop yourself. The Netherlands is our largest production location. This means that you have a lot of influence on the growth and future of HZPC.
We also offer:
- Full-time employment with the prospect of a permanent appointment. We start with a one-year contract.
- A group of enthusiastic and experienced colleagues from specialized departments.
- Competitive salary
- Good secondary employment conditions, including a 13th month, premium free pension, travel expenses, company car and a collective variable bonus.
- An important position in an international environment in a healthy and growing organization.
Founded in 1898 and rooted in the Netherlands, HZPC has become a global market leader in innovative breeding, seed potato trading and concept development. Our ambition is a sustainable growth. We offer innovative potato varieties that are optimized for local cultivation conditions. We share knowledge and provide solutions that dynamically anticipate the climatic, cultural and commercial challenges that the whole area of food has to deal with. With 400 employees in 19 countries and exporting to more than 90 countries, we contribute to the availability of responsible food for the well-being of millions of people worldwide.
We are looking forward to your response! Applying is possible up and until 25-07-2020.
For more information about the procedure or the content feel free to contact Jephtha Verheijen (HR Business Partner; or ).