'experienced and analytical Finance manager with proven experience in financial management of NGO's'
As Manager Finance you are responsible for the design, execution and monitoring of the Planning- and Control Cycle, the system of accounting & internal control (AO/IC) across the entire organisation as well as the timely and accurate budgeting for and reporting on the financial performance in the group.
Furthermore, as Manager Finance you present financial management information timely and correctly to facilitate sound decisions by Senior Management in War Child.
As Manager Finance you are the key accountable and contact person in the field of internal and external (financial) reporting and tax regulations. Advising and supporting the management concerning financial control, financial management and risk management is also part of the role.
The Manager Finance reports to the Director of Shared Operations and leads the staff of Financial Administration and Financial Control Teams in the Amsterdam office. The Manager Finance has dotted line reporting with Finance Managers in Country Operations as well as Sweden and Germany ensuring that all finance teams in the group comply with the War Child financial standards, processes and procedures. As Manager Finance you are part of the Shared Operations Team and in this sense peer to the Managers of IT and HR.
- Analyse developments, conduct research and advise on the consistency and effectiveness of the administrative organization, P&C cycle and internal control systems and audits.
- Formulate objectives and measures for the accounting and internal control systems and ensure implementation and monitoring in the form of internal audits
- Set overall planning and control principles, guidelines and procedures and monitors compliance and execution thereof at Home Office and in the countries
- Advise the management and other stakeholders, solicited and unsolicited, on financial issues
- Ensure and monitor compliance with requirements of institutional donors
- Monitor and keep track of long-term funds and funds that are used in several countries
- Ensure global financial administration, lead the preparation of the Annual Budget and Annual Report for the Group
- Lead the 4M and 8M revision of financial performance and adjusted forecasting
- Prepare for annual group audits as well as major donor audits
- Establish and maintain contacts with banks and auditors, carries responsibility for payments, and the monthly checking of the payroll
- Collect financial data for the composition of different budgets, reports and plans and compose financial analyses and reports
- Provide the explanations, rationales, analyses and clarifications once plans and reports are composed
- Compose, for the benefit of institutional funds and donors, overviews of figures regarding to be entered and entered obligations and the progress of expenses and revenues
- Ensure proper preparation and execution of various external audits
- Assess, for the purpose of risk management, the financial impact of the policies/plans formulated by the board / management
- Consolidate data from several (financial) records and compose annual reports for the benefit of external accountability
- Detect deviations in achievements compared to the set goals and advise the board and management regarding the measures and initiatives to be taken
- Ensure the maintenance of financial information systems, identify bottlenecks in the composition of management information and take the necessary actions to resolve issues
- Monitor obligations and liabilities of the foundation and act proactively to prevent or minimize risks. Monitor careful contract management, archiving and the possibility to quickly access contracts
- Initiate projects, formulate project objectives and assign projects to accomplish quality improvement
- Assess qualitative risks in the various business processes and integrate these risks in the audit plan and the various individual audits
- Oversee the use and further development of UNIT4
- Manage employees by monitoring the quality, efficiency and quantity of the performance of work and guides, instruct, coach or motivate staff
- Detect problems and risks in the internal environment and bottlenecks in work processes.
- University degree in a relevant field (MBA or MSc in Finance, Controlling or Economics), preferably a grade in accounting or equivalent to RA or RC
- Solid knowledge of finance, planning and control
- Good understanding of the financial administrative structure of international NGO's
- Knowledge of and experience with designing, implementing and adhering to principles of good governance
- Proficiency in the composition of (financial) reports and analyses, including 'fluently literate in Excel'
- Understanding of legal risks, mitigating actions and implications of financial standards and processes in an international NGO context
- Excellent personal and written communication skills
- Affinity with War Child's mandate, values and mission
- Dutch native speaker with full proficiency in English
- Available 32-40 hours per week and based in Amsterdam.
- Salary range from €3999 to €5600 gross per month, based on 40 hours week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional free days
- Pension contributions fully covered by the employer
- Monthly mobile phone contribution of €25 and full reimbursement of NS costs for work commute
- Possibility to follow training and/or courses and attend War Child's events
- Pleasant working conditions, good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
Job location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contract: War Child Holland is looking for someone committed to invest at least 2-3 years in this position, starting with a 1 year contract with the intention to prolong.
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply as soon as possible but no later than 1st January 2020. Applications are considered on a rolling basis and we will start to interview once suitable candidate(s) apply. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages ) and cover letter here.
Apply for this position
Please mention where you found this vacancy. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and ASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.
Back to jobs
Functionele cookies Deze cookies zorgen ervoor dat de website naar behoren werkt. Deze cookies kunnen niet uitgezet worden.
Cookies van derde partijen Deze cookies kunnen geplaatst worden door derde partijen, zoals YouTube of Vimeo.
Analytics cookies Deze cookies zorgen ervoor dat we het gebruik van de website kunnen meten en verbeteringen door kunnen voeren.
Social media cookies Deze cookies kunnen geplaatst worden door social media aanbieders zoals Facebook of Twitter.
Gepersonaliseerde cookies Deze cookies stellen ons in staat om een op maat gemaakte inhoud aan te bieden op basis van surfgedrag binnen de website.
Advertising cookies Deze cookie stellen onze advertentiepartners in staat om doelgerichter informatie te kunnen aanbieden.