Rotterdam | Actuariaat
The Actuarial Function of Allianz Benelux, starting February 1st 2020, is looking for an experienced actuary to strengthen the team and advance it to the next level of expertise and technical excellence.
Who are we? The Actuarial Function is responsible for sign-off of Reserves/Technical Provisions, product approval as well as provides feedback on, and challenge, the risk capital calculations. We protect the long term stability of the company by ensuring it is financially resilient, securing our commitment to our customers. We embrace a modern style of working and the motivation of each and every member of the community is our key interest. We make mistakes to learn, speak our minds, work hard, laugh hard and wear colorful socks/minds! Do you dare to?
About Allianz in the Benelux
Allianz is a global leader in insurance and financial services provision. It is present in over 70 countries, employing more than 140,000 people and serving more than 86 million customers. In the Benelux, Allianz offers a broad range of insurance products and services for individuals, the self-employed, SMEs, and large companies through its network of insurance brokers. In Belgium and Luxembourg, Allianz serves more than 900,000 customers, employs close to 950 people, and collects 2.1 billion euros. In the Netherlands, Allianz serves over 1.3 million customers with the help of distribution partners and its direct writer, Allsecur. Allianz employs approximately 1,000 people in the Netherlands and collects 1.1 billion euros in gross premiums in that country.
We offer a dynamic and flexible role for an experienced actuary in the Actuarial Function team covering the Benelux region. The role is a part of our regional Risk Management department and you report directly to the Head of ERM/Actuarial Function Holder. As Allianz Benelux is a composite insurance company, your work covers the full insurance landscape (life to non-life, corporate to retail). You bring your Life, Non-Life or Health expertise, but are interested to expand your horizon.
- Data analysis, model replication, calculation benchmarking and statistical testing to ultimately approve the reserves and Technical Provisions
- Design and implement new methods and processes, maximizing available data and bringing the Actuarial Function to the next level
- Provide input / participate in the Loss Reserve Committee, linking portfolio characteristics to real world observations
- Challenge product design, underwriting criteria, and reinsurance optimization
- Creation of formal annual reports to the Board and Regulator(s)
- Stakeholder management, from CRO, Chief Actuary to the Heads of business domains
Profile and Experience:
You like to be challenged. You do not take statements at face value, and are driven to understand the underlying dynamics. You stay up to date in the actuarial field, are eager to learn and implement the newest developments. You are a skilled programmer. You are the person that built a stochastic valuation model just to see if you could. You yawn at chain-ladder and get excited about individual claims reserving. You don't shy away from joining forces with the business to improve the level of expertise.
- You have at least a Master's degree in Actuarial Sciences, Econometrics, Statistics or a similar field of expertise.
- Minimum of 5 years of related working experience in the Finance sector, preferably in Insurance
- Excellent IT / software skills - Python, R, SAS; experience in actuarial modelling systems is advantageous (RAFM, ResQ, Igloo, etc.)
- Able to communicate fluently (oral and written) in English, in addition to either Dutch or French
Moreover, being an IABE / AAG Qualified Actuary or in the process of achieving this is a definite plus. Travelling between Rotterdam and Brussels does not scare you. You're a good communicator, able to make presentation to Board Member on the spot.
What can we offer you?
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, the world leader in financial provision and insurance
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great work-life balance
- An experienced and enthusiastic team
- An engaging, analytical, social, and multilingual job
- A company located in the heart of Rotterdam
- Development opportunities and an attractive salary package supplemented with extra-legal benefits in line with your experience
Have we sparked your interest? Don't hesitate, apply online, and discover your potential at Allianz!
Any questions? Feel free to contact our recruiter: Charles Luycx, T: 02/214.67.22, E: