40 uur - Salvia BioElectronics
Project manager - active implantable medical device
We offer a challenging position for a (technical) project manager to develop and release to market an active implantable medical device.
Salvia is an innovative and ambitious start-up company active in the emerging field of "BioElectronics" that is inspired by biology and electronics to provide novel therapeutic solutions. The name Salvia is derived from the Latin word salvere, which means "to stay healthy". We are driven to deliver bioelectronic solutions that restore health for people suffering from severe neurologic disorders; our ambition is to make these therapies widely accessible. The Salvia team consists of entrepreneurs, engineers and scientists with diverse professional backgrounds and extensive medical device industry experience (Sapiens, Medtronic, Philips, St Jude, etc.).
What are BioElectronics?
The human body is controlled by patterns of electrical impulses transmitted through nerve fibers. In chronic disease, these patterns are different. Bioelectronics are tiny implantable devices that use mild electrical pulses to influence nerve activity. Electrical stimulation is nothing new - cardiac pacemakers have been used for decades - but scientists are just beginning to realize the possibilities of regulating nerve signals to treat disease.
We offer a challenging position for a (technical) project manager to develop and release to market an active implantable medical device. Reporting to the director product development, you take ownership for the realization of a key component of Salvia's bioelectronic system: with a team of experienced engineers you realize an innovative medical device and qualify its supply chain for product release to the market. You ensure project milestones/gate reviews are timely met and keep suppliers and development partners on track. You instill a can-do attitude and apply your skills in project planning, risk management, project execution and communication to lead to results. Getting the team successfully over the finish is your drive.Vacature details
- Define and execute development planning, including resource scheduling, supplier planning, definition of design reviews, milestones and project gate reviews.
- Monitor progress and ensure timely completion of deliverables in compliance to the development plan.
- You bring a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in development, engineering or manufacturing roles.
- You have demonstrated experience in managing complex projects, e.g. in medtech, hi-tech or similar environment.
- You are a strong communicator and team-player that drives for accountability within self and others.