Team Member Company Secretary
This department pro-actively advises and supports the CEO of APG and the Management and Supervisory Board of APG AM in both regular meetings and strategic and/or (legal) corporate projects. Examples of corporate projects are setting up the APG AM onboarding program and organizing town halls. The department is characterized by a strong dynamic, in which the interests of many stakeholders come together. We cooperate intensively with professionals within the organization such as HR, Change/Strategy, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Communication, Portfolio Risk and Fiduciary Management. Furthermore we liaise internally with the Supervisory Board of APG AM, the Executive Board of APG Groep N.V., being the shareholder of APG AM, and the works council. Externally, we liaise with AFM (Authority for Financial Markets) and DNB (Dutch Central Bank).
Important tasks of the junior deputy company secretary include:
- taking care of the planning and preparation of the meetings of the Management and the Supervisory Board of APG and the APG works council;
- coordinating and monitoring the follow-up of actions, as agreed on in these meetings;
- acting as coordinator and linking pin within the broader APG organization, by ensuring the agendas of the meetings include the relevant and most urgent topics to be addressed and ensuring an effective and efficient follow-up and communication of decisions taken;
- monitoring (on behalf of the Global Networks & Peers department of APG ) APG Corporate Memberships;
- Acting as backup of the deputy company secretary: e.g. taking minutes of above-mentioned meetings.
In this position you will participate in the day-to-day business of managing APG AM. Since you will be working in a small team, based in Amsterdam, there will be sufficient room for you to develop as a professional within the organization of APG AM. Possibility to grow towards other roles in the company secretary department or comparable roles in related departments like Change.
- Completed higher professional education (HBO) or degree in business, economics or law (WO);
- 2 to 4 years' relevant work experience;
- Experience in administrative support, project management or office management or the like;
- An eye for detail;
- Able to work under pressure, flexible;
- Pro-active mindset, eager to improve efficiency where possible;
- Team player;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Command of Dutch would be a plus;
- Able to move with ease within a large organization;
- An interest in digitization and innovative tooling.
An indicative monthly salary of €4,000, based on a 40-hour week. It is possible to perform the function on a part-time basis (32 or 36 hours a week). The position is located in APG's office in the Zuidas CBD of Amsterdam.
APG is a pension administrator which invests the contributions and handles the pensions of 4.5 million people on behalf of a number of pension funds: that means we look after the pensions of one in every five households in the Netherlands. A lot is happening in the area of pensions. The Dutch pension system will probably undergo considerable change in the short term. As a pension administrator APG is determined to be ready for the changes in the pension system when they come. This goes hand-in-hand with exciting major challenges such as the defining of a socially relevant offering, alliances with other parties and the development of a business-to-consumer environment. APG is also a major investor, with a lead position on the world stage in terms of setting sustainability objectives.
Being a good employer is an essential part of APG's philosophy. As well as a salary in line with the market, a good pension scheme and year-end bonuses we also offer extensive possibilities for training and personal development. APG has been classed as a Top Employer since 2008. We believe that diversity promotes breadth of vision and better decision making. Engagement and respect for cultural and other differences contribute to our business objectives.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact ( ). If you think you're the person we're looking for, please apply by sending your résumé with a short motivation letter. Applications will be accepted up to and including April 20, 2020. Selection will then take place and you will be kept informed of the results.