Senior UX Designer
Impression of Competa
Competa helps professionals develop their skills and expand their portfolio through personal development and on-site projects with major clients like Ahold, ING, KLM, KPN and Radio 538. Our designers and developers work on a wide range of apps, websites and other innovative projects.
Competa's core values
- Personal development
- Socially involved
This is what you will do
As a UX Designer, you will become part of a Scrum team on an internal or external project. This means you will often travel and provide expertise for different external customers. Some of your activities will include researching conceptual products, testing features and improving existing processes and interfaces. Transforming concepts into interactive, usability driven solutions is what your day is all about. As part of your senior role, you will be mentoring less experienced designers and hosting design workshops.
Our talent management program makes sure your personal ambitions are realised through "personal sprints" and our resource team is committed to making sure your next project is a level up. We provide you with the best opportunities for your professional and personal career development.
- in possession of a bachelor's or master's degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related design or behavioural science discipline;
- experienced with at least five years of software design for web, mobile or other devices;
- experienced in working with complex information and interactions (e.g. forms, data, workflows) and transforming these into user-centred interfaces;
- experienced with user research, user testing and interpreting usability test data;
- able to work both independently and as a team member;
- familiar with tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite and InVision;
- familiar with front-end development on an advanced level;
- able to maintain a balance between business interests, innovation, and good design;
- equipped with a work portfolio, demonstrating user-centred design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides);
- experienced in defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards;
- fluent in communication, possess excellent presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills in both Dutch and English, including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organisation;
- experienced in managing stakeholders and simultaneous projects;
- experienced with Agile (optional, considered a plus).
In return, we offer you:
- extensive career development;
- external projects at major companies;
- a team of ambitious and enthusiastic colleagues;
- a chance to build up an impressive portfolio and cv;
- lots of freedom and responsibilities;
- good fringe benefits, such as a personal training budget, lease car, pension scheme, travel allowance, 26 vacation days, a laptop and everything else you need to do your job well;
- weekly drinks, frequent company events and regular informative meet-ups which we organise ourselves.
Do you like what you see and think you have what it takes? Awesome. We would like to meet you! Apply directly for the job of UX Designer by filling in the form. Do you still have questions? Give our manager Michiel a call at +31 (0)70 427 7555.
What we offerRocket
We review your applicationreply
We get back to you within 2 days
When we are a matchcloud
Second interview end/or technical testreply open