Senior Data Engineer
- IT & Digital
- Amersfoort (NLD)
- Professional - Experienced
- 32-40 hours
- Job-ID: 40146
- You know Python, Pandas, PySpark and SQL intimately.
- You can program object-oriented, modularly and know how to make code testable and reusable
- You take full, end-to-end responsibility of development and alignment
- You have at least 5 years of experience in technical data related roles
- You have a bachelor's degree in CS, AI or a quantitative field
- Data Warehousing knowledge
- PySpark expertise
- Food/FMCG/supply chain or dairy experience
What we offer
What can you expect from us?
- We have a young and growing team with a global mindset and a diverse set of individuals.
- Work on diverse projects in different parts of the company. We have already done projects in factories, commercial departments, planning, finance, and HR.
- We are a small, growing team, you will not be not a cog in a big machine, but you get end-to-end responsibility
- Support on your professional journey: training on hard and soft skills, mentoring and career opportunities depending on your individual growth plan
- Free cheese and milk at lunch and yes we will pay you too
As Data Engineers, we are responsible for enabling business analysts and data scientists to get value from data in a painless, fast and reliable way.
Here are six examples of work that you could be doing:
- Collecting millions of data-points from a factory into our AWS cloud, to then prepare it for further analysis;
- Build a data pipeline that connects a variety of external and internal data sources into one pricing prediction project;
- Using Python to develop a plugin on top of our enterprise-wide data science tool (DataIKU) that automatically feeds data into our data warehouse ingestion framework;
- Assist and challenge data scientists to make their code modular and testable;
- Move notebooks and POC web apps into products that scale well and can be used by business people to determine price points for some of our key commodities.
- Setup a CI/CD pipeline, together with our AWS partners, for a global shared code repository.
Your primary role will be data engineer, but we strongly encourage picking up additional roles and skills like data science, agile project management, business analysis, change management or trainingRead more
The global data science chapter currently consists of 11 data professionals with mixed skill sets around data science, data engineering, functional consultancy and analytics translation.
We are a diverse group and can be seen as an internal consultancy agency. Our team members work on different projects across the entire company. Together, we design best practices and set the standards on way of working for data science and advanced analytics in FrieslandCampina.
JOB-ID: 40146 | Senior Data Engineer, Netherlands
Apply for this job
Please provide your details here.
* Required fields
Are you sure you want to quit the application process?
Close the process by clicking the button or share the vacancy.