intern hr talent developmentDEPARTMENT:: PVH, INTERNSHIPS LOCATION:: AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
About the Company
PVH Corp. is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 135 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH Corp. is a $9.7 billion global company with over 38,000 associates operating across 40 countries. PVH owns and markets the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric True & Co. intimates brand, and markets a variety of goods under these, and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit
Talent Development team at PVH is a dynamic, driven and international team, who is responsible for supporting our associates' learning journey. Our business approach is organizing trainings and continuously advance our learning resources in order to equip our associates with the essential skills, for now and the future, in an inspirational way.
The team working for PVH University must be able to effectively communicate with our associates and external partners, be sensitive to the course effectiveness, and enjoy a dynamic work environment.
We've been successfully working with and developing interns for a couple of years now. Day to day activities for the intern include:
- Being the main contact person for associates & our external facilitators
- Helping with training set-ups & team development sessions preparation
- Driving the intern's community (organizing intern get together and learning sessions)
- Assisting with event management (e.g. Induction Day, Partner Event)
Next to our day to day operational Talent Development related tasks, the intern will also be involved in different projects. For the upcoming Intern period, these projects will be closely related to HR Next, such as:
- Working with HR Service team to support the launch of ServiceNow (from TD perspective
- Preparation for WorkDay Learning Module go live in November
- Overall WorkDay training support
- Development of digital learning journeys and/or supporting tools for People Managers.
The projects will also depend on the intern's own interest areas.
- Understanding the role of Talent Development within a large corporation.
- Being involved and drive various projects, which will give them the first project management experience.
- Opportunity to learn how to present and facilitate sessions under the supervision of TD colleagues.
- Opportunity to learn the tasks of TD specialist & consultant, which will prepare him/her for the next career step.
- There is also a lot of room for personal development, as we will encourage him/her to participate in different sessions and think of the objectives for his/her internship.
- Being actively part of HR Transformation
- It is mandatory that you are still enrolled in a university or school program at the start date of the internship. Please note this is not a thesis-oriented internship but more to gain experience in a global work environment.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Start date: February 2020; Duration: 6 months
- For your application, it is imperative to attach your CV and a document outlining your relevance for this internship opportunity (not your usual cover letter...think outside the box)
- We really value our interns, therefore we want to understand your learning objectives. Please outline this in your document
- You are analytical and driven to solve problems with a collaborative mindset
- You have good knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- You enjoy doing research and have previous experience with it
- You are highly organized with the ability to plan according to priority and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- You have strong communication skills and critical thinking
- You have a flexible attitude and strong work ethics
- You have a good understanding of PVH DNA and brand awareness
- You are willing to learn and push your boundaries!