Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
We are looking for a Treasury Analyst II to join our EMEA Treasury team in Amsterdam.
The Treasury Analyst II will play a central part in the EMEA Treasury team by taking a proactive role in teaming up with the Treasury Analyst and supporting the EMEA Senior Treasury Analyst. The Treasury Analyst II will interact with a variety of functional areas of Treasury, Controllers, Tax, Legal, Audit, Business Finance and offers a significant exposure to our global businesses and visibility to senior management.
The Treasury Analyst II position has responsibilities that include performing various cash and disbursement activities within the Corporate Treasury function. The role provides analytical support and expertise for the development and execution of treasury strategies. The individual will serve on various project teams and will have process improvement, business acumen and technical skills to support a variety of activities, including modeling for cash and interest forecasts.
Responsibilities (may include a subset of list):
- Establish the company’s daily cash position, ensuring sufficient funding of disbursement accounts;
- Prepare the daily and monthly cash forecast, analyze, understand and improve variances;
- Prepare F111 payments in SAP/S4;
- Open, close or update bank accounts and signatories; ensure proper internal controls over bank accounts:
- Open, close or update letters of credit and/or bank guarantees; ensure proper internal controls over issuance;
- Prepare and administer treasury vendors to ensure prompt payment of approved invoices;
- Monitor and manage the communications between various internal and external people regarding treasury activities, questions or problems; respond and resolve inquiries in a timely manner;
- Prepare, review and monitor the vendor disbursement files
- Interact with company financial institutions to identify and recommend appropriate bank services/fees, establish and maintain bank account activity;
- Review general ledger cash accounts and cash clearing accounts and assist in resolving any
- un-reconciled differences;
- Oversee proper internal control of cash assets; respond to audit inquiries in a timely manner; correspond with banks to initiate or clarify adjustments;
- Provide analytical support and expertise for the development of liquidity strategies and banking structures;
- Facilitate certain treasury projects, as needed;
- Serve as a backup to the Senior Treasury Analyst.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional with the following attributes:
- A high level of analytical ability that enables the person to think independently and propose thoughtful recommendations that add value;
- Must be a team player and highly energetic, able to operate at a high level in a fast-paced environment;
- Possess a strong work ethic;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written;
- Possess intellectual curiosity with the ability to see the big picture while maintaining attention to details;
- Ability to focus on essentials and prioritize appropriately;
- Broad interest in treasury and sound financial accounting;
- Intermediate skill with the full suite of Microsoft Office products, including the extraction and manipulation of data from ERP system;
- Experience in any of the following desirable: Corporate Treasury, Corporate Tax, Commercial/Investment Banking, Financial Consulting, Accounting, Strategic, Planning/Corporate Development, Business Operations financial analysis;
- Certified Treasury Professional designation preferred but not required;
- Knowledge of SAP, BPC preferred.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Click on the 'Apply' button and apply today.