Ingredient Specifications Technologist
||Independent Recruiters Groep
||donderdag 14 mei 2020
Ingredient Specifications Technologist for one of the leading companies in the food industry. You will join the Specification Management Ingredients team within the Product Design & Development department. In this role you are responsible for the approval and compliance of ingredients used in the advanced nutrition products. Can you lead projects in an efficient way and further optimize the collaboration with the suppliers? Then this might be an opportunity for you!
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensure new and existing ingredient specifications comply with functional, quality & food safety and regulatory requirements and are approved within expected time lines;
- Participate in various challenging business projects in multidisciplinary teams with colleagues from PD, QFS, SSD and factories;
- Build relationships and negotiate with suppliers to come to mutual agreed specifications;
- Risk assessment of ingredients resulting in advice towards QFS for supplier approval / development;
- Inspiring and influencing internal stakeholders towards specification management ambition;
- Grow and manage internal and external network on your portfolio;
- Keep your portfolio compliant with new internal standards and regulation
You have between 2 and 5 years of experience in quality or product development in the food or pharma industry. You have a Food Science/Technology Background (MSc/BSc) and you are comfortable working in an international and dynamic organization with various functional disciplines at several locations.
In addition, the ideal candidate:
- Brings expertise on ingredient functionality, quality & food safety and/or regulation
- Has the ability to network inside and outside the organization;
- Has excellent communication and presentation skills (fluency in English);
- Likes to negotiate with suppliers to come to mutual agreements;
- Is business result driven and has following competencies: analytical, accurate and persuasive;
- Is an outstanding team player.
The Specification Management Ingredients team is responsible for about 1250 Ingredients coming from about 350 different suppliers. Your mission is to ensure product compliance by specifying ingredients 'Fit for use' & managing expectations with suppliers, to support the Innovation pipeline and Operations in delivering Best Care to our consumers & customers.
The Technologist Ingredient Specifications ensures that the ingredients comply with the functional, quality & food safety and regulatory requirements, validated by internal stakeholders of Product Development and Quality and signed off by the suppliers.