Senior Project Manager Innovation R&D
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands Full time 318047
Job TitleSenior Project Manager Innovation R&D
In this role, you have the opportunity to give direction and to lead a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled technical specialists from both Philips Innovation Services (PINS) and our customers, from initial phase until introduction in the Market (End2End approach). You will drive advanced and complex creative product development projects containing hardware and software content, having a leading role to scope, define and lead highly innovative projects w.r.t (digitally connected) hardware-oriented Products and/or Professional Equipment.
You are responsible for :
- Teaming-up with the Marketing and Sales group to win the project in the acquisition phase;
- Development of a committed project management plan in consultation with customer and management, ensuring requirements and deliverables definition within the constraints of Medical compliance.
- Contribute to the segment and account domain teams to define strategy, market approach and develop an attractive proposition and acquire projects;
- Defining necessary competences and team composition to fulfill the assignment, arrange the necessary resources;
- Build the team and give operational mentorship;
- Arrange where applicable outsourcing of Design and Manufacturing (ODM) on basis of in house specification;
- Identify project risks and define risk reduction and mitigation plans;
- Monitor and control the work performed and the quality of the requirements making corrective actions and agreed changes;
- Communicate about the Progress towards Customer, Senior Management and Team;
- Manage Partners interests (including the interest of suppliers);
- Lead the acceptance and the transfer of deliverables to the customer;
- Evaluate lessons and learned and deploy agreed process improvements;
- Report on Employees performance; propose training and advice on career development to Resource managers.
- Coach junior Project Leaders increasing their Project Management skills.
You'll be part of Philips Innovation Services an over 500-strong team of technology experts, designers, project managers and consultants who have decades of experience in supporting customers both inside and outside Philips - from major companies in sectors such as semiconductor manufacturing and healthcare to highly innovative start-ups.
The SPM group (approx. 15 FTE) supports Philips Research, Philips Sectors and strategic free market customers in system and product development and integration activities throughout the world and certified for both ISO 9001 and ISO13485. We are also active in less technical assignments: assessing projects, reviewing breakthroughs and projects in a complex operational and/or partner setting. Especially the Philips' Solutions Business provides projects with a very broad range of challenges in various functions.
We are looking for:
- A strong Mechatronic/Electronics/Software background for projects in the Equipment - and or Medical Domain.
- A Master degree in mechanical, electrical, physics or software engineering;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in equipment - or product development;
- Relevant project experience in ISO13485 Medical Device directive and or FDA compliance is highly appreciated;
- Strong technical skills in Project Management;
- PMI/PMP certified;
- Experience with leading multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience with Agile / Scrum and Safe methodology is appreciated;
- Experience with ODM based on requested specification;
- Interest in connected products, in particular in complex systems, digital, embedded software and connectivity is appreciated;
- Affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with handling the funnel from relatively vague requirements to well-defined project with committed partners;
- You are a standout colleague, with excellent communication skills and a customer-centric attitude;
- Willingness to travel to customer's site as needed for project definition and execution (approx. 25% of time).
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with extraordinary opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very high-reaching and designed around your preferences:
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and mentoring;
- Excellent company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Healthy work-life balance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.))
Email this job to a friend
Do you know someone who can be interested in this job opportunity? Email this link to your friend!
Name Name should not empty
Email Address Email should not empty Please enter email
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
You'll receive updates once a week
Enter Email address Email should not be empty Please enter a valid email address
* I would like to receive Philips job alerts. What does this mean?
Thank you!For U.S. applicants only: As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.