||donderdag 16 april 2020
As Managing Director Operations you are ultimately responsible for the operations of the facilities in Tilburg and Ede. In this role you determine the strategy for WP Netherlands in consultation with the Executive Management Team (EMT) of Weener Plastics Group:
- Motivate and steer the Management Team of WP-NL, further develop and implement the local strategy, within the group’s strategy;
- Directly Manage both Plant Managers of the facilities in Tilburg and Ede, Finance & Controlling department, HR department and Project Management department which is responsible for the implementation of new products and production technologies;
- Translate the WP-NL Strategy into goals, business plans and budgets and monitor progress, by setting targets on KPI’s like safety, quality, delivery and cost;
- Initiate, stimulate, organise and manage continuous improvement against a background of Operational Excellence and Lean Thinking;
- Achieve financial and operating performance targets as agreed upon with the EMT;
- Ensure strong organization in both locations to ensure execution of the company growth strategy;
- Work closely with International Sales and Innovation & Development teams and ensure full integration within the matrix organisation of WP-Group;
- Actively support the WP Excellence Centers with the innovation and development in the Strategic Product Categories;
- Ultimate responsible for total company performance;
- Report directly to the Group CEO or anyone nominated by him/ her.
- Self-starter with proven experience in a similar position in a highly technical manufacturing environment;
- Having already a successful track record in leadership with a strong operational background for similar companies, especially where Injection Molding is key part of the production process is critical;
- Natural leader who is capable of enthusing, further developing teams and connecting disciplines. In particular working in a matrix with Group, Sales, I&D Excellence centers and the operations in Ede and Tilburg;
- Experience with doing business with large global customers;
- Good ability to interpret financial results and translating them into the right actions;
- Strong drive for continuous improvement in a fast growing organization;
- Pragmatic people manager with strong communicational skill and who is able to guide a professional team in order to achieve great results;
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Operational Excellence and maintenance management systems is important;
- Good understanding of a high level of automation and robotization;
- Technical Bachelor or Master degree;
- Experienced manager in a dynamic and technical environment
- Open minded personality, not hierarchical thinking, humility & perseverance;
- Leads by example;
- Strategic mind/ strategic thinker;
- Strong natural leadership with very good influencing skills, able to gain attention from the line managers and to convince them;
- Open mind, comfortable with functional reporting and not hierarchical operating mode – but also a strong personality who can interact with multiple levels in the organization;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to cope with remote management Cultural sensitivity and awareness, ability to work in a global business.
Salary is in accordance with the weight of the function.
Weener Plastics (WP) is a full service global supplier of innovative plastic packaging solutions. Headquartered in Ede, Netherlands, the group has more than 4.700 employees at 29 facilities in 19 countries.
WP Netherlands BV is a company with a strong growth pattern and technology driven. It is a leading supplier of high quality and complex injection moulded packaging components, produced in high volumes and sold worldwide. WP Netherlands designs and develops standard and customized products, and aims for a high level of delivery reliability and quality. Some of our delicate products are produced and packed in clean room areas. Examples of our products are aerosol spray caps, dispensing closures and snap caps for Food, Personal Care and Home Care applications. Our customers are national and international FMCG producers.
WP Netherlands has facilities in Tilburg and Ede, and employs approximately 300 people. Both facilities are organized as an Excellence Center to support innovation and growth for both organisations as well as the group as a whole. To enable the strong growth, we invested heavily in new projects with advanced technologies and a high level of automation.