The healthcare sector is undergoing a digital shift challenging the status quo. Data & analytics are becoming a key enabler of business decisions. We are expanding our analytics capabilities to address this transformation.
For our team in Haarlem we are looking for a
Data Scientist (Dutch speaker)
who brings his/her mindset, skillset and love for data in helping the business to better understand our customers and their needs.
You will be part of the growing and open-minded Data & Digital team with fresh experience from other industries. Drive the data & analytics knowledge with your advanced analytics expertise and influence business decisions by extracting insights from data!
The Digital & Data team
The Data & Digital team is a team of experienced specialists within out company who works with the Global organization in the day to day work and realizing their business objectives. The Data Analytics team focuses on the company's data strategy, infrastructure, governance, together with analytics that enable data-informed decision making. The Digital team focuses on developing the company's digital marketing capabilities through evolving the digital infrastructure, publishing, user experience & interaction, pioneering channels that may drive future customer engagement.
The team is proactive and strongly connected with the various stakeholders which keep you up to speed of the market needs and requirements. The dynamic environment requires flexibility and stimulates creativity and thinking outside the box.
The Data Scientist provides advanced expertise on statistical and mathematical concepts for the broader Data and Digital department and the production organization.
The Data Scientist synthesizes and leverages the business's dataset and data to enhance the business' capabilities for overall goal achievement. The Data Scientist is instrumental in helping the business continue its evolution into an analytical and data-driven culture.
This role of the Data Scientist supports relevant stakeholders through quantitative analytics, and the application of appropriate advanced analytics for the business's key initiatives.
The Data Scientist ensures that the data department adopts the best in class processes and techniques for statistical analysis and modeling as well as leading the roll out of Big Data capabilities, business initiatives, analytic framework, and best practices within the department and the Data and Digital department.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Identify optimal customer engagement sequence and next best action
- Develop promotion response models
- Optimize marketing and sales force investments
- Define data-driven customer profiling
- Create dashboards to visualize key insights
- Pro-actively mine data to identify business questions that haven't been asked yet
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Identify and maintain external relationships with data science thought leaders to stay up-to-date and think out-of-the-box on this constantly evolving field
Human Health Division
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
- Master or PhD degree in stats, applied math, computer/data science or related discipline
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience in cross-functional Data Science roles
- Deep understanding of statistics, machine learning and experimental design
- Experience with common analysis tools like R, Octave or Matlab
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English
- Experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare life sciences industry is preferred
- The data scientist must be able to work with minimal supervision, be a strategic and creative thinker, have an ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects, be highly organized able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines, have a keen eye for detail, have an ability to work comfortably in a group/collaborative setting, have an ability to stay calm and composed in times of uncertainty and stress.result-oriented individual, be a self-motivated and proactive.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end bonus;
- 35,5 days of leave;
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates;
- Solid Pension Plan;
- Incentive Plan;
- Travel allowance for commuting;
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.