Are you the connection between the business and IT? And are you looking for a new long-term job position? If so, do not miss this opportunity!
For the Automation & IT organisation based in Haarlem we are looking for a
IT Business Analyst
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Welcome to our team
You will join the (production) Automation & IT organisation based in Haarlem, that consists of three IT Business Analysts and several Automation Engineers. You will report to the IT Site Lead in Haarlem.
The IT Business Analyst will act as a bridge between the business and the IT teams, therefore the focus is on close collaboration with the business partners. You will work on assigned initiatives and lead the projects from requirements, business case, planning, initiating development and driving implementation and support.
You will also be working as Project and Deployment Manager in facilitating the implementation of existing E2E solutions. You will work together with regional IT Hubs and external parties with respect to the delivery. Business on business demand, you team up with regional Hubs to safeguard and coordinate the deliverables.
The IT Business Analyst is an essential role in the realization of value through understanding of the business and applicable business processes, followed by identification, implementation and realization of appropriate and right-sized IT solutions for the local market with the focus is on our Manufacturing & Distribution. IT Projects, improvements and innovations to be realized, will be a combination of globally and locally driven solutions, but always with a view to create an optimal value for the overall corporation.
Responsibilities are among others:
- Continuously collaborate across IT - ensure strategic alignment with all projects and programs, as well as corresponding business goals.
- Supports the formulation, definition and documentation of business cases with associated drivers (return on investment), KPI's and other appropriate measures/metrics for value realization.
- Based on business and IT knowledge, work with local and global IT partners on the initial development and assessment of solution alternatives ensuring alignment with global IT standards/architecture and adherence to Lean/Six sigma principles. Develop detailed functional requirements specifications from high level business concepts.
- Support the application of the our System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and regulatory requirements, including development/review of the required deliverables as well as leading, executing, and facilitation of appropriate testing activities.
- Embrace continuous improvement and innovation, develop an outside-in view based on cross-industry networking.
- Ensure and promote collaboration with other Sites, IT divisions as well as parts of the our business.
- Demonstrate full compliance of functional area IT systems and processes, towards both company requirement as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the development of local market end-user training programs. Participate as needed, in training delivery and hand over to support.
- Support local (human) change management processes as needed to realize the value of IT innovations / improvements.
Manufacturing & Supply Division
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
- BSc (HBO) or Master (WO) degree with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- At least 3 years of related experience in areas of business analysis or business process engineering work. Demonstrated experience and proficiency with one or more formal methodologies for business requirements analysis and business process engineering.
- Functional understanding of business functions and Manufacturing solutions/technologies is highly preferred, as well as having knowledge of healthcare / pharmaceutical industry and key business processes specifically in Supply Chain Management and Quality Control.
- Knowledge of Project and Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies is a plus.
- Prior hands-on technical experience (developer, system analyst, etc.)
- A background in the area of Business Intelligence and Analytics is preferred.
- Able to delegate and work intensively with distant departments and partners.
- Excellent communication skills, creative problem-solving skills and ability to work on own initiative to drive and deliver results.
- Good project management experience on medium sized IT projects, with demonstrated knowledge of project management process and methodologies.
Who we are
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
- Expertise in the application of Innovative Analytics solutions in a production environment and good understanding and working experience with Industry 4.0 philosophy is preferred.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end bonus;
- 35,5 days of leave;
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates;
- Solid Pension Plan;
- Incentive Plan;
- Travel allowance for commuting;
- Free in-house sport facilities
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.