Do you have at least three years significant managerial/ financial/ accounting working experience? Are you looking for a new challenge including several growth opportunities? As Financial Accountant you are responsible for delivering a high level of support tasks to provide high quality output which satisfy stakeholder needs in the area of financial accounting and reporting.
- Understanding business principles and financial language including the fundamentals of finance, accounting and reporting;
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external policies and regulations;
- Providing overall support during the daily financial processes of the Bank, taking into account these internal and external policies and regulations;
- Providing overall support on all regulatory reporting activities of the Bank;
- Data processing in the Banks administrations system;
- Ensuring the Bank has a complete, accurate financial administration;
- Providing quality control on financial information, and ensuring accurate administration in the appropriate systems;
- Daily cash management and payments;
- Assembly of several monthly balance files;
- Making active proposals for improvement of processes, in order to achieve best practises;
- Supporting the financial reporting including the main ledger and sub ledger in the context of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for the business units;
- Creating monthly accounting journals in respect of business activity including accruals and prepayments;
- Undertaking analytical review of the numbers and investigate variances where appropriate;
- Reconciling and substantiating all accounting positions including source to ledger reconciliations;
- Identifing and suggesting improvements to new and existing processes, procedures and systems;
- Where required verifying and checking the work of other colleagues;
- When required supporting line management with implementation of changes in own work area;
- Taking the initiative to ensure that skills are current; consistently exhibits the ability to learn and apply new skills;
- Demonstrating core & behaviours as an active team member.
Skills & Education:
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar field, management and/or statutory accounting;
- Independently understands accounting procedures like journal entry creation, preparation of supporting documentation, review and runnning reports;
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as MS Office suite, especially Excel and EXACT. Experience in SAP, Oracle would be a benefit;
- Experience of working across mulitple accounting systems and to navigate between sub, ledgers, main ledger and group reporting systems.
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both verbal and in writing;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Ability to work with deadlines;
- Self-starter, teamplayer;
- Good communication skills at all different levels of the organisation.
As Financial accountant, you will work at a well-known international retail & commercial bank. You will be part of a broader dynamic finance team in the Netherlands. You will be a point of reference for information and procedural advice and queries from other business areas in relation to finance.
- A salary between 3.500,- and 4.200,- per month depending on your prior working experience;
- Full time employment at a reputable international bank;
- Fully reimbursed public transportation;
- Working in a dynamic team;
- Growth opportunities.