The HR Assistant performs a variety of administrative and systems activities specific to the human resources function, supporting the entire employee life cycle from recruitment, hiring, benefits administration through to promotions, transfers and termination. The duties include checking personnel related documents for accuracy and completeness, data processing in various HRIS systems, maintaining files and records of a confidential nature and preparing periodic standardized reports. The HR Assistant is responsible for accurate and timeliness execution of operational HR-processes, in line with the relevant HR polices, work instructions and guidelines, in order to keep the personnel administration and systems up-to-date, so that employees, line management and HR Business Partners are able to focus on their key responsibilities.
The HR Assistant role focuses on the execution of operational processes of a Human Resource department, and/or supports an HR Business Partner / HR Manager in operational HR processes. The role is executed by a team of 5 people in an HR Shared Service Centre (HR SSC) and reports to the team manager. The main focus is on the administrative part of the work, work on process improvements & communicate with & service HR-customers.
- Personnel data processing & administration: Collects, monitors, records, enters and / or updates employee data, in order to keep the personnel administration, HRIS and files and archives up-to-date, so that the administration and data is complete, accurate and reliable and meets accessibility requirements and privacy legislation. Checks the quality and consistency of any employee master data. May maintain holidays & leave, working hours administration and other benefit data through dedicated systems. Assists in the periodic cleaning of records and archives, in accordance with legal requirements.
- Payroll & benefits administration: Assists in the payroll process, based on the inputs from the HR Business Partner / Line Managers, preparing input for the internal or external payroll process. May produce payroll documents, prepare payment of certain salary components (overtime) of salary, in line with the relevant terms & conditions. Updates of the records of fixed (gross) wage information and personnel information, related to tax and social security laws, collective provisions, individual arrangements. Delivers data to the Financial Administration for the gross-net calculation of salaries May process standard payroll related queries and changes (such as worker certificates, information systems updates like births and marital status.
- Requests and service: Answers questions and responds to requests from Line Managers, Employees, and the HR community, (re)directing questions if appropriate to the HR. Business Partner or line management. Provides information to employees and line management on the implementation of social laws, collective labour agreements and working conditions.
What we offer
As a Nutreco company, Trouw Nutrition’s mission is to feed the future. In a world with limited natural resources, our ambition is to meet the rising food needs of a growing world population in a sustainable manner. Working for Nutreco means a fantastic position in an international working environment with lots of development opportunities.
What else is in it for you?
- We will offer you a fulltime position, 32 - 40 hours per week;
- Your position is classified in a Nutreco Hay scale;
- You will get 30 vacation days, with the possibility to sell or purchase a limit amount of days;
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience -paid in 12 monthly payments- plus Holiday allowance in May;
- Responsibility for your own projects and development opportunities within the company.
What we ask
As HR Assistant you have excellent administrative skills, know how to maintain a constructive, trusted relation with your (internal) stakeholders and have fair understanding of all HR processes; from a manager’s point of view as well as an employer point of view. Due to the merge of external company’s in the past, you know how to handle different sets of terms within the same company; also from a manager’s point of view as well as an employer point of view.
What you bring
- You have a MBO or HBO degree, preferably in the field of HR;
- You have work experience in a comparable or relevant position with a focus on the administrative part of HR;
- You have been a quick learner if it comes to the use of human resource systems;
- Your excellent knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Office (in particular MS Excel) is a requirement;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, speaking- as well as writing skill
What we ask
Are you the perfect candidate we are looking for? We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply online’’ and we will contact you as soon as possible. For more information regarding this vacancy you can contact Jasper Keijner (Recruiter). In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us!
Interested in this position:
We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply”. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities