As the Senior Procurement Specialist EMI you will be reporting to the Associate Director EMI EMEA & International Infusion Capital. In your role you are responsible to implement and improve sourcing strategies for the assigned scope as defined in the three to five year roadmaps and as directed by the category management group. The assigned scope is generally narrow in nature over a few sites or a business platform.
Your implementation activities generally include overall project management and procurement aspects of supplier qualification, supplier selection, risk mitigation programs, negotiations and contract execution.
- You are responsible for achieving savings targets for the assigned sites or business platform and for developing value plans for the assigned supply base including supplier relationship management and compliance activities.
- You are responsible for relationships with stakeholders, partners with the business for the assigned sites or business platform and you handle a wide range of two-way communication that arises in the course of strategy implementation, project execution and supplier management. This while demonstrating close collaboration and alignment with the regional category procurement managers, R&D procurement managers, other leaders of the category management group as well as with site purchasing teams.
- As the Senior Procurement Specialist EMI, (working through the regional category procurement managers,) you are responsible for contributing to the category management group in the development, communication and approval of sourcing strategies. Also you collect and provide business requirements of the assigned sites or business platform as well as insights from the local or regional supply market. This to ensure that global category strategies have relevance and impact for the assigned scope.
Performance is measured against agreed cost savings, value and risk management targets, supplier compliance as well as demonstration of BD leadership standards and values.
Scope of Responsibilities
- You are accountable to procurement and business leadership teams for strategy execution and supply base management activities for the assigned sites or business platform.
- You execute responsibilities and lead cross-functional initiatives with a large degree of autonomy, requiring minimal day-to-day oversight by immediate supervisor.
- You develop and maintain active communication with procurement peers, cross-functional teams in the business and global category teams.
- You are primarily focused on Direct EMI spend categories (Electro-Mechanical and Instruments Components, Custom Sub-assemblies and PCBAs) in support of the assigned sites or business platform
- You represent the Global Procurement function and partners with the business for the assigned sites or business platform.
- You engage and leverage other Global Procurement resources such as Indirect procurement teams and procurement CoEs to maximize and coordinate procurement`s value delivery to the business
- Quality Impact:
You are accountable for compliance to corporate procedures for designated suppliers within the assigned sites or business platform, including supplier relationship management activities.
- Revenue and Reputation Impact:
You identify main vendor risks for the sites or business platform; develop and execute mitigation plans once vetted by the business to ensure sustainable business growth
- Cost Impact:
You are responsible for the delivery of savings and value in compliance with the category sourcing strategies and as defined in the budget
- Passion to drive change in a highly dynamic, steadily growing business environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, preferably electro-mechanical engineering background
- Minimum 4 years of professional work experience of which minimum 2 years in a strategic sourcing, category management or other procurement role
- Experience from participation in new product development programs is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch
- Demonstrated exceptional customer centricity
- Preferably solid understanding of aforementioned spend categories
- Solid understanding of Source-to-procure process and proficiency in applying associated sourcing tools and techniques
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time both domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly regulated environment
- International exposure and work experience abroad is desirable
- Mobility for future career development in BD would be an asset
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Supplier and cost management practices
- Strong negotiation planning and execution skills
- Supply market research and data analysis
- Category management, category strategy development and implementation planning
- Project management skills
- Quantitative and financial analytic skills with ability to solve complex problems and use good judgement
Personal attributes / Leadership competencies:
- Innovative ideas and intelligent risk taking
- Strong influencing (without direct authority) and communication (effective and assertive) skills within a highly matrixed and multi-cultural organization
- Ability to navigate a large portfolio of suppliers and projects and strong reasoning for priority setting
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, complexity and working under pressure with tight timelines
- Ability to build effective teams, able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Business acumen
- Drive for results and critical thinking
- Global Mindset
We like to offer you:
- It goes without saying that BD offers excellent terms of employment
- Unlimited possibilities for further development of your career, nationally and internationally;
- Training and education at BD University
- You are part of a company that makes a concrete contribution to global health care, saving and improving the lives of people around the world;
- The opportunity to participate in an international volunteer program;
- BD has an active staff association that organizes everything for employees and their families every year, such as a Sinterklaas party, Christmas breakfast and New Year's party
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.