Big Data Engineer
Basissalaris: €4.445 - €6.350
This is how you help our customers
Your day job is to put data to work for the customer and the business 24-7. As a Big Data engineer, you collaborate with your business users, data scientists and BI colleagues to design and develop solutions that generate new actionable insights. Together with your scrum team members, you work on complex and challenging projects to make data sources accessible, integrate mobile and fixed data, and present data that's fit for purpose. All of which should come naturally to you, thanks to your excellent communication skills combined with a pragmatic approach and keen sense of humor. And of course, we don't have to explain data engineering to you; you can practically code in your sleep. Which is the level of expertise that's required to integrate our sustainable solutions seamlessly. You are part of a large organization, with many complex data sources that need to be integrated so that we can accurately comprehend our customers. Based on our data and models we can improve our customer service and product
This is how you do it
- Large scale data processing using Hadoop frameworks
- By creating reusable Python/ Scala code
- By using the right technologies which fit for purpose
- Documenting your work, so that we can retrace your logic
- Helping to improve existing Big Data solutions and technology
- Work close together with your team members
- Prioritizing and planning your work
- Coaching engineers who are less experienced
VodafoneZiggo positions all BI activities in a central BI Competence Center. Our specialists come from different backgrounds and cultures and work together in five business domains. As a perceptive data engineer, you contribute to innovation, big data and data privacy initiatives within VodafoneZiggo. Analytical, results-driven and energetic are the characteristics that bind us. We inspire each other and are genuinely passionate about our profession. And there is considerable leeway to shape your job yourself.
VodafoneZiggo is a powerful combination of two leading Dutch organizations. We joined forces in January 2017 and together we further increased our success in the Netherlands. As a communications provider, we offer our customers the best in entertainment, mobile and fixed-line phone service and internet. Our products and services inspire people, businesses and society to connect. Whether on the road, at home or at work.
We are over 8,000 employees strong, brimming with energy and socially engaged. Proud of what we accomplish and of the people that make it possible. And conscientious to provide space for everybody to develop and take advantage of opportunities.
You have it
The knack to understand information requirements and translate them into a technical solution. You make contacts with colleagues and internal customers effortlessly and thanks to your communication skills you convey and gather information where needed. Your grasp of operational processes and pragmatic attitude in a complex organization serve you well in this position. And because you are used to working in multidisciplinary project teams and under time pressure, you maintain your composure in every situation. This position as Big Data engineer at VodafoneZiggo further requires:
- A Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or any other related field.
- 7+ years of programming experience (Python, Scala, etc).
- 5+ years of Big Data experience and deep understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, Kafka, etc.).
- Deep understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time and low-latency data processing.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Oozie or Airflow.
- Ability to drive adoption of Data Engineering best practices and sharing your knowledge.
Experience with deployments and provisioning automation tools (Ansible, Docker, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Cloudformation or Helm charts).
Good to have
- 3+ years Telecom experience.
- Experience working with Data Science deployments and exposure to Machine Learning techniques.
- Knowledge about data warehouses, technical architectures and data structures.
- Experience in an agile/DevOps environment.
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between € 4.445,23 and € 6.350,32 per month, with potential for growth and an attractive bonus scheme
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls.
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1 st class train pass that you can also use privately
- If you want, you can work for us part-time
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more
You'll do it
Are you in? Are you the Data Engineer we're looking for to provide our customers better and more services by leveraging data? Click on the apply button to get in touch.
Questions? () will be happy to answer them,
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition .
Recruiter Analytics & Intelligence