For one of our clients we are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor.
This position is responsible for the execution of the daily material handling: the receiving, stocking, order picking and shipping of a variety of products using both physical and mechanical skills. Exercises discretion and leadership in the role of first level supervisor. Conducts effective operational meetings. Works closely with team, WH-office and Supervisor. The focus should be on: Health & Safety, Service, Quality & Cost. We are looking for a Dutch and English speaking candidate!
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Overseeing immediate operations and providing managers with information about workers performance.
- Correctly follow al work procedures, policies and guidelines, e.g.: HR, Health & Safety
- Responsible for coordinating Loading and unloading finished goods and other materials from trailers/containers.
- Checks incoming goods to verify the receipt of the proper kind, condition, and quantity against receiving documents.
- Report on errors and damage. Prepares ware or materials for shipment by packaging, weighing, banding etc.
- Participates in quarterly cycle counting and takes periodic physical inventory.
- Maintains good housekeeping conditions in working areas and observes local, European, global and Corning specific safety regulations and practices in his daily work.
- Take appropriate action to ensure corrective planning Have quarterly PDR reviews
- Train new (temporary) personnel Improve current processes, e.g. using LEAN process to eliminate waste, reduce cost & improve quality.
- Responsible for Shipping on time.
- Interpersonal and Supervisory skills
- Communicate effectively with fellow employees, supervisors, and managers to achieve short and long term goals. Maintain a calm, professional demeanor in the face of changing work demands and under a variety of situations.
- Focus on service, cost and quality
- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities.
- Reads situations quickly.
- Good at focused listening.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Warehouse or Distribution Center in a leading role Experience and knowledge of Supply Chain Systems such as warehousing, distribution and inventory management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Warehouse or Distribution Center in a leading role
- A valid driving license for operating
- Warehousing equipment Experience in data entry into computer systems (Word, Excel, etc..).
Fulltime position (40 hrs per week)
Salary 3000 - 4000 gross per month
+31(0)6 46 83 97 00