Why is the HR Manager important to us?
As the HR Manager for our Eindhoven factory and office, you’re responsible for supporting the team through the full employment lifecycle. This includes onboarding, performance management, employee relations, talent planning, safety & compliance, local labor law compliance, overseeing payroll, and helping to create a great place to work.
In this role, you’ll report directly into the Chief People Officer (based in the NY), partner with the local site leader, and work in close partnership and collaboration with the NY based people operations team.
As an HR Manager you will:
- Be responsible for the local new hire onboarding and offboarding processes from end to end
- Assist with developing and implementing initiatives targeted at improving employee engagement
- Oversee the local execution and application of performance management processes including the performance review & goal setting cycle
- Be responsible for local deployment of learning and development programs
- Assist with talent planning to ensure the availability of the right people in the right jobs at the right time with the right capabilities. Developing leader and manager capability to consistently assess talent & identify future capability needs. Partner with local management to develop careering paths and employee development opportunities.
- Facilitate and manage our local office social and philanthropic events committee
- Support the recruitment process by partnering with talent acquisition and hiring managers to assess, interview, and select candidates
- Manage and addresse employee relations and recommend corrective action
- Attend facility meetings to ensure open communication about policies, changes, and announcements. Facilitate discussion, encourage feedback and addresse questions and concerns. Provide efficient and timely resolution
- Partner with directors, managers and leads to proactively identify and address employees relations matters (e.g. general employee concerns, performance issues, behavioral issues, attendance, conflict resolution, etc.). Ensure that he/ she is perceived as an objective employee resource and escalation path for unresolved issues.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with local employment laws
- Manage local payroll, partner and ensure accurate processing of payroll; owning the payroll process from end to end
- Manage leave of absence process, illness, and local leave compliance
- Keep all local employee data up-to-date and accurate in HR systems; responsible for maintaining and ensuring full compliance of employment files and overall record keeping for Eindhoven location
- Reporting for people insights and trends including but not limited to headcount, turnover, org charts, etc.
- Drive adoption of automation and self-service functionality throughout systems; leverage technology to reduce costs, improve effectiveness, and maximize efficiencies
You might be a good fit if you (have, posses, are):
- Strong working knowledge of Dutch and EU employment law and regulations
- Posses strong generalist capabilities
- The ability to effectively work and communicate at all levels within the organization
- Ability to shift from performing the strategic to doing the tactical tasks necessary to get the job done.
- Driven, self-starter with 5+ years of direct HR experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a high-tech fast growth organization is a plus
- English language mandatory
- Bachelor degree in HR or related areas is a must
Perks at Shapeways:
- Free Lunch daily, fully stocked fridge, fresh fruit, fresh soup once a week.
- Fun activities spread over the year.
- 25 holiday days a year
- Good pension scheme
- Travel allowance
- Company laptop
Shapeways has set out to redefine product creation. It is a platform that enables the full creator experience through design, making, and selling--born out of its consumer 3D printing service, the largest in the world. Shapeways has over 1 million creators and has printed over 10 million products. The company supports creators with design tools and services, access to advanced production technology starting with 3D printing, and services to build a business. Printing in a range of materials and finishes, Shapeways has factories and offices in New York, the Netherlands, and partners around the globe.