Master Data Management Experts Having
Do you want to bring banking as we know it to the next level and be part of to the biggest data revolution in history? Do you have a strong understanding of data and its quality, and do you agree with us that data is at the core of creating value for customers? Do you want to work with the Public Cloud? Highly advanced Data Tools? Does solving complex data related cases make you happy? Then the Data Quality Grid is the place for you!
With a combination of (open source) software & tools, and self-build top-of-the-line tooling, the Data Quality Grid is the Master Data-, Reference Data- and Data Quality Management heart of ABN AMRO that focusses on helping all other parts of the bank remain in control of their data. With help of commercial off the shelf tools, open source tools, and self-build software, we safeguard the quality of the data for the entire bank and provide solutions to all business lines. The possibilities are vast. Building software is great but creating value out of 7 petabyes of data is better! While this means we value our top-notch quality standard, you'll be surprised by the informal atmosphere in which we do this.
For this vacancy, we are looking for Master Data Management experts having experience with Master Data Management related tools and software. To speed up and strengthen the data revolution we are searching for the best Development Engineers to join us. With joining us we mean that you help us; Design, implement and support our IT-applications; Development with our tools and of our tools; Modelling complex new data-models on reference and master data; Interact with the whole organization, from business lines to other development teams & grids; Innovate, experiment and help with setting up new technologies and structure and organize our code in a way that makes it sustainable and easy to change.
Examples of the things you could work on:
- Be responsible for (one of) the Master Data Management hubs.
- Creating the new golden source for Reference Data for the whole bank.
- Building new software to manage Master Data for a domain.
- Building a new Data Management Platform for customer data.
- Helping the business report to the regulators and comply to GDPR.
- Developing on the golden source of Reference Data within the bank.
Your working environment
You work together with other Development Engineers in small Agile teams (4-6 persons) within a DevOps culture. Here, you will use the latest technologies on the Public Cloud. The atmosphere is informal, and we are ok with making mistakes provided everyone is open about it and learns from them. During lunch, you can engage in the departmentwide foosball tournament on one of our foosball tables or enjoy a video game or two. We work hard, and we play hard.
The teams are in constant collaboration with all business lines, international branches and subsidiaries of the bank where we all work together at the frontier of a major data revolution and with the core value-assets of the organization.
As you can see, we have certain expectations. Ideally, you already fit into them. If you do not, but feel you can grow into such an expert, we are also very interested to meet you!
- You are an expert in the field of Master Data Management with multiple years of experience.
- You know your way around one of the (or more) technology stacks with which organizations can do Master Data Management.
- You are familiar with the latest Open Source developments in your area of expertise.
- You are certified on- and have experience with Microsoft Azure.
- You can suggest and design solutions, but you are also able to put them into practice immediately by developing them yourself.
- You are eager to design and create innovative and sustainable Enterprise Data Management solutions.
- You have proven knowledge of the latest data technologies and know how to turn this knowledge into valuable delivery.
- You have an exploratory mindset, on the lookout for new developments.
- A general understanding of Data or any of its sub-fields
- An education in Computer Science, Information Science, Econometrics, Mathematics or Computer Science related fields
- Fluent in English and/or Dutch
- You have an EU residence permit
What we offer
- Market-conform Salary
- Substantial education budget and a public transportation card.
- A large responsibility and the freedom to do your job
- A well-equipped office, and all required facilities to do your job
- Possibility of joining the training program at our very own IT Academy (only for junior applicants)
- Room to visit (tech-related) seminars
- Required investments to boost your personal skills
- A client base of +/- 5mio users for you to make an impact on
Do you already have the skills we're looking for, or do you feel that you can grow into the expert we need? Reach out to us!
Send us your application as soon as possible. To find out more, contact . We very much look forward meeting you.
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job Posting Date: 26-Mar-2020
Requisition ID: 24323