It’s an exciting time for Air Products and we are happy to present you a great opportunity to join our Supply Chain Team! We are looking to appoint a talented Terminal Lead, who will be based in Botlek – Rotterdam, Netherlands or another location in Gent, Belgium is an option.
Reporting to the Transport and Asset Manager, you will be expected to lead, manage and improve business opportunities – ensuring all activities occur in a safe and efficient environment, with high customer satisfaction. The candidate in this role will be contributing in defining and improving the quality of a service level agreement with the customers and the subsequent delivery of the services agreed.
You will be acting as a leader for the EH&S process in the country distribution and possessing the skills to communicate at all levels makes you an efficient and valuable member of the organization. On daily basis, you will interact with Scheduling and Customer Service team, the Regional Distribution Manager, drivers, technician team, local authorities and others.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Meeting and exceeding customer’s expectation and maintaining strong relationships externally (with customers) and internally at different levels
- Ensuring the haulier contract is challenged and followed correctly
- Developing potential of individuals and teams
- Making sure that the resources (drivers, tractors, trailers) are provided to the scheduling team
- Supervising and improving the country distribution third party contractor’s performance, including all aspects of SH&E, training, productivity and commercial issues
- Ensuring that data and processes relating to resource availability are managed effectively and efficiently
- Maintaining good relationship with local Authorities related to the Transport activities, especially for the derogations
- Pro-actively signalling improvement opportunities and working out and discussing these with internal departments
For this position, we require MBO qualifications and proven experience in logistics, transport or supply chain management.
Further requirements are:
- Technical knowledge with proven leadership and operational management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch, good command in German will be advantageous
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in stressful circumstances
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills at all levels
- PC literate – (including the use of MS Office, SAP)
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. Our Dutch organisation celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. The Company’s core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world’s leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment.
Approximately 16,000 employees are making Air Products the world’s safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. We strive to be a company of choice that is recognized by its colleagues, customers, and community as a company that draws strength, opportunity and financial growth from the diversity of its workforce. Our success will be directly attributed to having a work environment that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful of all people.
A challenging position in an international organisation that needs dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn and contribute. In return, we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development and excellent terms & conditions of employment.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products!