Sr Maintenance Technician
Job Field Template Widget
Job ID: R-81572 Location: Breda, , NL
Posted Date: 8/22/2019 9:58:21 AM
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. We provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and pioneering spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology innovator. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this:
Senior Maintenance Technician (3 shifts)
The maintenance department consists of a senior manager engineering, maintenance manager, maintenance engineer and a team of thirteen technicians. The technicians work in 3 shifts and provide corrective and preventive maintenance support.
As Senior Maintenance Technician you will mainly focus on semi- and fully automated packaging, labeling and assembly machines within the production facility, but also provide support to warehousing and facilities. You will develop yourself as an all-round technician with knowledge of automated packaging equipment. Furthermore, you will locate failures and implement changes to improve machines, systems and processes!
What are your main tasks?
- You will perform maintenance activities on a wide variety of machines, processes and systems;
- When necessary you will perform analyzes and advanced troubleshooting on equipment and systems;
- Perform various "Housekeeping" duties, such as clean work areas and equipment;
- Ensure that daily work order documentation is complete with accurate information;
- Maintain any other records as assigned and in compliance with all GMP documentation requirements (where applicable);
- Provide basic support and start-up new equipment when required to ensure it meets all mechanical design specifications;
- Effectively interface with all applicable areas within the ELC organization and any other required groups within Amgen;
- Develop, revise and review technical documents for work-related areas;
- Interpret/revise detailed drawings;
- Participate in and provide any training programs that may be required e.g., technical, corporate, trade;
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
Which competencies are we looking for?
- MBO+ level achieved by a combination of education, training and experience;
- Minimum of five years' experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment;
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and mechatronic maintenance;
- Basic knowledge of automation technology;
- Able to work in teams and communicate effectively in both Dutch and English;
- Interested in continuous improvement, Lean maintenance principles and emerging technologies;
- Preferably good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
What does Amgen have to offer?
A Fortune 150 company operating in nearly 100 countries around the world, we invest in highly skilled, dedicated and collaborative individuals who are ready to contribute to our mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
We offer a permanent contract within a growing international company. With an on-site GYM, sports fields and in-house catering service, Amgen creates an inspiring work environment with a focus on vitality! Are you looking to develop your career? With our Career Development Program, we support our employees to reach their goals. We offer a competitive salary, including a bonus structure and fixed 13th month. On top of this our employees receive 31,1% shift allowance for the 3 shifts. You are eligible for our Long-Term Incentive Program (Amgen Stock) and we offer a collective health insurance with a monthly contribution from Amgen.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.