Senior Tax Manager Direct & Indirect
Senior Tax Manager Direct & Indirect
AMSTERDAM - NETHERLANDS
You are here
- join our team
- explore opportunities
- Senior Tax Manager Direct &...
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Senior Tax Manager
Coty is one of the world's leading beauty companies, with a rich heritage and an iconic portfolio of brands loved by many around the world. Our new flagship headquarters in Amsterdam is at the heart of the action, where inspired teams work alongside each other to bring beauty to life.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The position is responsible for ensuring the direct and indirect tax compliance of the HQ companies in all relevant jurisdictions.
The Tax Compliance Manager will have exposure to and interaction with personnel at the headquarters' functions. Disciplines include, among others, Commercial, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources, Research & Development and Information Technology. This person will closely work with SOX & Compliance manager based in Amsterdam and corporate tax team based in Amsterdam & New York.
Tax declarations preparation / tax and statutory audits
- Review and approve CIT & deferred Taxes journal entries
- Be first line of defense for Tax audits (CIT, VAT, Customs, local Taxes authorities), coordinating efforts between various providers:
- Local Tax advisors as agreed by corporate tax team
- SSC (VAT team, GL teams)
- Corporate tax team for transfer price related matters
- Review and recommend FIN 48 adjustments for quarter filing as needed
- Recommend to Global tax departments Tax risk accruals
- Provide input for quarterly reporting pack for CIT and VAT variances
- Co-ordinate branch's tax filing in Switzerland and US
You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
These are the key qualifications we need for this role:
- Proven minimum of 5 years' experience in Dutch CIT and global indirect tax
- Organized personality with attention to details, able to work simultaneously on different projects;
- Capacity to establish solid working relationships with different profiles: SSC / Local Co Pilots and outside Finance function
- Ability to translate technical subjects into elements understandable by the business and to propose alternative bridging gaps
- Anticipate by planning and time management: taking initiative and action with a clear business purpose in mind before others or the situation require it;
- Decision making: taking calculated risk in complex, ambiguous or risky situations to force an issue or set a direction;
- Implementation: setting stretched work standards and timely attain measurable outcomes.
- Strong internal consultancy skills.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to drive discussion about tool enhancements with non-experts.
- Appreciation of cultural differences and of the difference this makes to learning styles and ways of working.
- Takes personal and professional accountability.
- Demonstrates sound evidence-based judgement.
- Flexible and resourceful.
- Strong service ethic and results oriented.
- Influences at all levels to get results through collaboration.
- Demonstrates openness to change, resilience and comfort with ambiguity.
- Curious and enthusiastic contributing to building a positive team spirit.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR COTY
What you can expect from us:
- New flagship headquarters, conveniently located in Zuidas, Amsterdam's bustling business district. Our brand new office is built to meet the dynamic needs of the modern workplace, while integrating the design principles that reflect the Coty culture of pride and performance.
- A competitive salary and pension plan; 30 days annual leave; continued learning and growth opportunities; car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles; international mobility support for candidates relocating to the Netherlands from abroad